Sunday, May 08, 2005

PhotoFriday: ACTION


This has been one of my favourite photos I've taken for quite a long time now.

I cannot even remember when it was, but I think it was 1999 or 2000, and the band was The Dog and they were playing in a St Kilda hotel, just south of the CBD of Melbourne. It was a 3-piece band and Fatty (that was what the drummer, who had an unpronouncable Greek name, was called) was by far my favourite person. Anyway, I hated using the flash when I was taking live music shots and this night was particularly dark in whatever pub it was (I can remember where it was, but not its name) so I needed to keep the shutter open longer in order to get something acceptable. It's still one of my favourites.

Alas, I have a scanner that isn't working properly at the moment, so I had to actually photograph the photo for this entry...grrrr...so if you click on it to see the full-size image you might notice it is pretty blurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home